
My baby is officially one! It is hard to believe that a year has gone by since Nathan was born. At times I feel like I have blinked and others I hardly remember him being tiny. Although, he was only tiny for about three weeks it seems, and has been quite the chunk ever since! The boy hasn't missed a meal that is for sure. I love this little man. There is a quote on a picture frame hanging in his room that says "A baby fills a place in your heart that you never knew was empty".. and that is the case for me.

Nathan has added another dimension to my heart and become a sweet addition to our family. I honestly thought that it couldn't get any better than Kaitlyn but Nathan has been perfect in his own little ways and just as much of an angel (just a different temperament). He started sleeping through the night at eleven weeks and we haven't looked back! Those first weeks were rough with sleep deprivation. God must know how vitally I need my sleep and has given me wonderful sleepers!

I have loved watching Nathan as he discovers each new talent, from sitting up, to finding his toes, crawling, pulling up, and now walking (while still holding on by one of my fingers) he seems to have determination and a bit of a strong will. He has a best friend and forever playmate in Kaitlyn. He has endured her rubbing his ear (as she so endearingly does) and acquired a fondness for her princess mirror that I am praying he grows out of :o)

We are working on stocking him up with some "boy toys", of which his favorite is a police car that my brother gave him for Christmas. He pushes it back and forth and bangs it into the wall just as a boy should I guess. I love to watch him play with it.. it makes me laugh all the time. Another favorite toy is a blue drumstick that looks like a centapede. Not a day goes by that he doesn't get a hold of it and bang everything in site. What is it with boys and banging things? He is definitely more aggressive than Kaitlyn was.

On a softer note, he loves the piano. If he hears Brandon playing he will make his way into the room and start pounding on the keys. In most cases if he is fussy he can be soothed by turning on music, by singing or humming to him. Lately he has started giving us kisses and become quite the snuggler! He has the sweetest spirit and is pretty easy going. In addition to getting in to all my cabinets and drawers he has made his way into my heart and I am overwhelmed with the love in our family.
Here are some pictures that my friend Alex took this past Sunday. She, Jordan and Kristen came by to take Kaitlyn and Nathan to the park to fly kites. They just called us up and said they wanted to take the kids to play. How sweet! I love how these girls love our kids. It was a nice surprise and gave me and Brandon some free time to get stuff done.


Lord Jesus, thank you for this precious gift you have given me in Nathan Cole. Thank you for entrusting his little life to me. Teach me how to be a good mother and how to raise him to love and honor you. I pray that Nathan will be strong and mighty for you and that he will love you with his heart, soul, mind and strength. I pray that he will be confident in who you are and the plans you have for him. May he always know your voice and walk with you.
I love you Nathan Cole, Happy Birthday!
1 comment:
what a precious prayer for a sweet boy :o)
Post a Comment